I’ve just released version 2.2.0 of the OpenID plugin for WordPress. Notable additions in this version:
- POST replay for comments - this should fix all the compatibility issues with other comment related plugins like reCaptcha.
- MUCH better memory usage - like no longer needlessly building a 2MB object on every page load!
- support for Email Address to URL Transformation - now you can use an email address anywhere you normally use an OpenID
- fixed OpenID Spoofing vulnerability - users' profile URLs must match one of their OpenIDs
- using hooks for gathering user data - other plugins can now hook in and gather user info from FOAF, hCard, whatever
- If OpenID authentication fails for whatever reason, the user is given the opportunity to submit their comment without OpenID
- lots of little fixes, code refactoring and cleanup, and a lot of UI tweaks
Download at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/openid/.
I tested pretty thoroughly on WordPress 2.2 through 2.6 using PHP5. I’m fairly certain I didn’t break PHP4, but let me know if you find any problems.
With this out the door, I’ll be jumping right into my feature list for the next major release – adding a native OpenID Server and delegation capabilities. At that point, it should be able to handle all of your OpenID related needs.